Champaign County's Insider
The Champaign County Employee Newsletter, Champaign County's
Insider, was started in December, 2005. The editorial team
consists of Linda Lane, Debbie Heiser and Amanda Tucker from
Administrative Services; Kastie Pavlik from IT; Jennifer Dubson from
the Circuit Court and Traci Harris from the Nursing Home.
Questions? Comments? Ideas for articles? Please send an email to
email@example.com with your ideas!
Here are the links to the newsletters:
In this issue - New staff in
Administrative Services and Physical Plant, Storms, Payroll Pen
Points, Employee Recognition, Bookmark Winner, new K-9 team and so
In this issue - Berry's Belgians, Getting to know John Carleton, Relay for Life, What's Cookin', In
the Wired, Insurance News, Viewfinder and tons more!!
September, 2013 Special Edition
In this issue - Our Furry Friends -
CATSNAP, Three Wet Dogs, A & E, CU Humane Society, Wings of Wonder,
U of I Vet School, SHARE and The Animals We Love
In this issue - Brookens Employee Appreciation Day; Insider
staff & changes; Senior Information Program; Answers about slow email; charitable opportunities & upcoming fundraisers;
getting to know Katie Blakeman; From the desk of Sheriff Dan Walsh; and much, much more!!
In this issue - Auditor's Report; Insider
Contributor retiring; Outstanding Achievements at the Sheriff's
Office; IT Welcomes a new programmer; new feature Babies, Puppies &
Kittens; and much, much more!!
In this issue - Changing Board, News from HR, Payroll Pen-Points, Network News, Health Insurance News,
and much, much more!!
In this issue - County Board Chair Report;
Circuit Clerk to retire in November; Home Weatherization; Election
Update; Fall Festivals; Network News and many other features!
- June, 2012
- In this issue - It's National Smile Month; Coal Mining in Champaign County; Search and Rescue Team information;
Fairs, Festivals and things to do in Illinois; Biggest Loser contest
and loads more information!
- March, 2012
- In this issue - Nursing Home loses a valuable volunteer,
Primary Election information, Network News, Weight Watchers, Land
Resource Management Plan and much, much more!
- December, 2011
- In this issue - Gift donations for
local foster kids and the Sunshine Center,
Adopt-a-Resident at the Nursing Home, Payroll Pen-Points, Recycling
News plus more!
In this issue - Network News, New County Board Member, Health Insurance Open Enrollment,
JDC Master Gardener Community Garden, Public Service Work and much, much more!
In this issue - County Board Report, County Clerk election update, Award-winning employees,
Health Insurance News, Local Fairs & Festivals and much, much more!
- March, 2011
In this issue - Emergency Response Guide, Network News, New County
Clerk, Champions 4 Children Walk, Christmas at CCNH, Recycling News,
3rd Annual Illinois Marathon & more!
- December, 2010
- In this issue - Holiday Donations Needed,
Payroll Pen-Points, New Insurance Benefit Year, New Building
Project, Combined Charities 2010, New IT Employee for Additional
Support, Recycling Site to Close, ACCESS Initiative, 2010 Holiday
Safety, plus more!
- In this issue - Lincoln Exhibit
Committee announces upcoming traveling exhibits, 2010 Employee
Recognition, JDC 10 Year Anniversary, Network News, Food Drive and
Residential Electronics Collections, and much more!!
- June, 2010
- In this issue - Foot Race Reenactment, Biggest Loser, Network News, Nursing Home Benches,
Nationwide Meeting Dates, Direct Deposit Expansion, Employees Credit Union News, Wellness Programs, 2010
Summer Events, Fairs, & Festivals, plus many more features!!
- March, 2010
- In this issue - Annual Credit Union Meeting, Resource for Benefit Questions, Internet Access,
Employees Lend a Hand, Champions 4 Children Walk, Springtime Home Maintenance, Nationwide Retirement Solutions, BPC Paperless Incentive & lots more stuff.
- December, 2009
- In this issue - Employee Promotion, Volunteer, Payroll Pen-points, Tribute to Jamie Ralph who recently passed recently, Benefits, Outlook Mailbox Maintenance,
Winter Safety Tips, Employees Credit Union, 2009 Employee Recognition, Coroner's Office Move & much more.
- September, 2009
- In this issue - Clock & Bell Tower, Lincoln Exhibits Dedication Celebration, Time Capsule, Open Enrollment, Employee Recognition, CCECU Corner, County Engineer
Wins National Award, Behind the Scenes of Extreme Home Makeover, Patriot Day, County Administrator Retires, Supervisor of Grounds Retires, Get the Point!, State's
Emergency Contact Database, Support Enforcement & Civil Divisions Move, plus much more!
- June, 2009
- In this issue - Silent Witness, Wellness Programs, Champaign County Credit Union, A Momentous Occasion, Shaggers Softball Team, 2009 Recycling Event, Ken Henry,
County Budget Update, Email Tips, Managing Email and Employees Participate in IL Marathon.
- March, 2009
- In this issue - New Face in the IT Division, Meeting Room Dedication, Financial Reports, PC Security, Insurance Benefits on the website, Animal Control Featured Department and a tribute Correctional
Officer Larry Klaus who passed away recently.
- December, 2008
- In this issue - Be Nice to Your Coworkers...and Email Server; Viewfinder Contest; 2008 Employee Recognition Event; Featured Department-Planning & Zoning; Payroll
Pin-points; I.L.E.A.S.; & many more features!
- September, 2008
- In this issue - Grant awarded to Forest Preserve District; Computer Security; Viewfinder contest; Open Enrollment
& Employee Recognition Event Information; Featured Department: Sheriff's Office
& Corrections; Champaign County Goes to the Fair; Clock & Belltower Restoration update and much more!!
- June, 2008
- In this issue - Excellence Award; Time Capsule Ideas; New Faces; Viewfinder Contest Winner; Blue Kids; Featured Department: Collector/Treasurer; 2008 Countywide Recycling Event; Anti-Stigma
Alliance; Fitness Classes coming to Brookens; Gardening Gossip & many more features!
- March, 2008
- In this issue - When to contact the Insurance Specialist; How to Get Along with Co-Workers; Reduce*Reuse*Recycle;
County Highway Department; Healthy Living - Sun Protection; Gardening Gossip; Treasurer's Report; Adoptable Cats & more!
- December , 2007
- In this issue - Champaign County Celebrates 175 years; Time Capsule; Election Season; Featured Department: RPC;
Smoke Free Illinois; Construction Update; and much more!
- September, 2007
- In this issue - Cultural Diversity; FAQ About IMRF; Construction Updates; Featured Department: Probation &
Court Services; 2007 Combined Charities Campaign; Weatherization Program; plus many more features!
- June, 2007
- In this issue - Silent Witness; LIHEAP & IHWAP; Featured Department: EMA; Equal Employment; Cook's Corner;
Portrait of a Public Servant; Favorite Memories; plus many more features!!
- March, 2007
- In this issue - USS Arizona; How does that work; Big.small.all update; save, save, save; Nursing Home move;
plus many more features!!
- December, 2006
- In this issue - Slips, Trips & Falls; Note from the Insurance Specialist; Volunteerism; Cook's Corner; Salvation Army; Out n'
About in Champaign County; plus lots more stuff!!
- September, 2006
- In this issue - Kronos Update; Domestic Partnership Policy; Voter Registration; Identity Theft Protection; New Highway Building Update; Employee Recognition Event
- plus many more interesting stories & features!!
- June, 2006
- In this issue - Quarantined Email; Spay & Neuter Pets; Featured Employee; New Voting Equipment; Sheriff's Office Retirees; Cook's Corner; a Memorial
Day Tribute - plus the usual exciting features!!
- March, 2006
- In this issue - Board Honors Retired Member; Newsletter Contest Winner; An Unforgettable Christmas; Featured Employee - Mary Cummings, RPC; Find the corn contest; Office Etiquette;
Gardening Gossip; Cook's Corner; Fitness Center Discounts - along with the usual features!
- December, 2005
- First Issue - Newsletter naming contest; Christmas Teas; County on the Move; Volunteerism; and many more features!!
Instructions for viewing/printing/downloading documents:
Click on the document name to open/view/print the document. Right click
on the document name and choose "save target as" if you wish to download a copy
of the document to your computer. Documents on this page are posted in PDF Format
and may be derived in full or in part from scanned images. You will need a PDF
Reader program installed on your computer in order to open/view/print/
the documents. Free PDF Reader programs are widely available for download on the
internet. In order for the documents to print correctly you may need to
print them as an image.