Dustin D. Heuerman, County Sheriff
Effective May 1, 2019, public lockers will no longer be available at the Sheriff's Office
Law Enforcement Deputy and Correctional Officer Applicant Testing
The Champaign County Sheriff’s Office offers full testing services for the positions of Law Enforcement Deputy and Correctional Officer through National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Law Enforcement or Corrections and sign up for the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Completion of the application process
- Review all information related to the Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Deputy or Correctional Officer position, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- Detailed information about the testing process for the entry level test.
- Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.frontlinetest.com.
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department’s eligibility list. The Champaign County Sheriff’s Office will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the selection process as the opportunity arises.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office where the final decisions are made.